We combed our favorite blogs, scrutinized myriad Pinterest photos, and examined the nooks and crannies of the internet to compile our six favorite Father’s Day gifts that kids can make (and dads will love).
After all, what better way is there to say, I love you, daddy , than with a thoughtful homemade gift created expressly for him?
1. Custom Lego Frame: For the dad who geeks out over Star Wars, this awesome Lego frame is the perfect decoration to spruce up any office wall or desk. Just make sure you get your child’s permission before snagging his or her action figures. Get the tutorial from the ever-so crafty Sticky Fingers.
2. Tie Cookies: We can’t even count the number of ties we’ve given dear old dad over the years. How about starting a new yummier tradition by presenting him with these delicious tie cookies. You can even decorate these treats to look exactly like some of his “real” ties. Find the easy recipe from Somewhat Simple.
3. Cubicle Snacks: This is such a great gift for the dad who likes to snack and munch throughout the day (a.k.a all dads). Kids can make personalized mason jars then fill them up with his favorite treats. For an added surprise, stick a note or a special message in the jar before you put the cap on. Learn how to make these adorable snack jars from I Am Momma Hear Me Roar.
4. Word Frame: Just looking at this sign makes us feel warm and fuzzy inside. We wouldn’t be surprised if dad sheds a tear or two when the little one presents him with this custom-made namesake. Get the instructions and template from Lovely Design.
5. Chalkboard Mug: There are few things we love more than chalkboard paint, so when we spied this mug on Lil Kid Things, we knew that we had to make one for dad. The kiddos can help paint and write the first message on these clever mugs. Visit Lil Kid Things to learn how to make one yourself.
6. A Book for Dad: Here’s a book that’s bound to become an instant classic – a story about dad written and illustrated by the people who love him most. Print the free book download from Eighteen25.
What are your ideas for celebrating Dad? Please share!
Don’t have time to make anything? Give the gift of fun and quality time with the kiddos with a subscription to Kiwi Crate.