7 Fun, Wet Water Balloon Activities
How we did it:
- water balloons
1. Sort by Color. Sort the balloons into matching colored buckets found at a local dollar store or laminate matching colors of construction paper to sort them onto.
2. Number Race. Write the numbers 1-10 on water balloons (1-5 for toddlers) and put them into a bucket. Challenge your child to run and transfer the balloons in order to the new bucket.
3. Relay Race. Balance a water balloon on a cup and have a relay race. Pass the cup and balloon to the next person in line and it's their turn. The first team to finish wins!
4. Target Game. Use chalk to draw a target on a fence or on the driveway. Assign number values to each circle. Give each child 3 water balloons to aim at the target. The person with the highest score wins!
5. Try a good old fashioned balloon toss.
6. Use an old sheet to make a parachute and bounce the water balloons on it while shaking it.
7. Float the water balloons in a pool or water table for a fun sensory experience!