Paper Plate Halloween Crafts
How we did it:
- plate (for pumpkin) - small round orange dessert plate
- felt (for frankenstein's hair) - black
- plate (for frankenstein's face) - green square dessert plate
- paper (to hang pumpkin) - green
- craft foam (miscellaneous parts) - black
- card stock paper (for bat wings) - white
- plate (for bat) - black
- plate - small black dessert plate
- glue stick
- permanent markers (e.g., sharpies)
- googly eyes
- acrylic paint (for the bat's mouth) - white
Cut out the various shapes you'll need to piece together the bat, pumpkin and Frankenstein. I used black craft foam for lots of the pieces but you could use black card stock if that's what you have available. Black felt worked well for Frankenstein's lovely hair.
For younger children I like to have all the pieces cut out ahead of time so they can just have fun gluing everything to their plates. Older children will enjoy doing the cutting themselves or even adding the faces using markers.
For the bat you will need a little bit of white craft paint which isn't pictured in the supply photo above. Paint the bat's mouth first so it can dry, then add the wings, ears, googly eyes, and fangs.
Create the rest of your paper plate Halloween characters as illustrated in the main picture.
Happy Halloween, everyone!