Pumpkin Spice Latte Play Dough
How we did it:
- flour (2 cups)
- salt (1 cup)
- cream of tartar (4 tsp. )
- pumpkin pie spice (4 TB )
- cinnamon (1 tb)
- water (2 cups)
- oil (2 tb)
- pipe cleaners
- food coloring (5-6 drops) - red
- food coloring (8-10 drops) - yellow
To prepare the play dough:
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl
2. Add water, oil, and food coloring and mix well.
3. Transfer the mixture over to a medium saucepan and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly. (Of course, a grownup should do this step.)
4. When mixture thickens and it becomes to difficult to stir, transfer it to the counter. Then let your kids knead the dough. (The mix will be warm, so make sure to test it out before you let the kids take charge.) You can store the dough in the fridge (and in an airtight container for longer storage).
Lay out the play dough and the pipe cleaner.
Younger toddlers may need you to demonstrate shaping the dough and using the pipe cleaner.
My daughter loves poking holes and sinking her hands into the dough.
She sure had fun making these festive pumpkins and they sure smelled delicious too!