Learn at Home
- Trace pairs of stencils to customize a monster body, then rub colored pencils over texture cards to color in your monsters. Top it all off by adding stickers, or drawing your own finishing touches, to bring your monster friends to life.
Monster Mix & Match Art Pack comes as a finished product, not a DIY building kit.
- Learn about plant science in a hands-on way, by assembling your own suction-cup window planters and growing a set of green bean and squash plants. Learn to take care of your plants, identify new plant parts as they sprout, and make yummy dishes using fruit and other plant parts!
- Build and launch a pair of model orbiter spaceships using the power of pumps. Paint a set of model planets, then construct a miniature solar system that really spins. Explore the ins-and-outs of space travel — from the history of space exploration, to the challenges of astronaut training, to amazing facts about life on the International Space Station.
- Engineer a drip irrigation system and sprout a love of botany and physics! Construct the water tower and trellis, set up the planter pots, then grow your own bean, wheatgrass, and watermelon plants. Explore the science of irrigation and the different ways that farmers put water to work (from flood irrigation to spray irrigation to computer-controlled farming!).
- Let's learn about baking! Design a chef hat, make a cake, and practice measuring in the kitchen!
- Cover the cork piece in strips of tape to create a cool pattern or picture, then use a sponge brush to paint over top. When your paint is dry, remove the tape to reveal your amazing design! Construct the frame of your corkboard, then decorate a set of wood pushpins for your completed corkboard.
- Paint a very special water-play mat with a water-dipped paintbrush to reveal the ins-and-outs of Kellan’s neighborhood. Try painting with lines, shapes, or even free-drawing with your finger. Then help Kellan and Peter explore their town!
- Make the most of your creativity — with this Maker Crate 3-pack. Strut your sashiko skills by stitching a design and then assemble your lamp. Design your very own stencils, then use them to create a colorful canvas-bound book holder! Then use colorful, geometric chips of polymer clay to create a set of terazzo treasures.
- Use shibori techniques to create a unique messenger bag with beautiful indigo patterns! Then sculpt and decorate an animal-shaped pencil holder, complete with stenciled pencils and animal pencil-toppers. Finish off by testing your tape-resist technique, and building a desktop corkboard.
- Lock down a love of science and engineering, with a mechanical lock box you make yourself! Construct a seriously impressive printing press, and experience the science of pressure hands-on! Then build a pair of stereo headphones that turns electrical energy into stunning stereo sound!