- Create some delightful designs — with electroluminescent wire! Use one of the preset templates (or a custom design) to bend and wrangle aluminum wire into shape.
- Decorate a wearable, one-of-a-kind bandana using horseshoe stamps and paint. Play a game of pick-up snakes with beaded, pipe-cleaner snakes and a paper barrel you craft yourself. Then build and decorate a hobby horse that you can bring on all your pretend-play adventures.
- Mix together citric acid, baking soda, cornstarch, and food coloring to make a variety of colorful bath bomb powders. Use a set of molds to shape the powders into multi-layered bath bombs inspired by the layers of the Earth. Then drop your bath bombs into the water to see a frothy, fizzy chemical reaction!
- Mix together a witchy brew using citric acid and colored baking soda, use the pump to add water, then watch your cauldron bubble and boil in a creepy chemical reaction!
- Create a trio of geometric candles to decorate the house! Learn how to fold a geometric mold, dye some wax, and transform the wax into a candle.
- Play 11 different games — from Tic-Tac-Toe to Tapatan — using a single travel-friendly pegboard and a set of removable game boards and game pegs.
Pegboard Games & Puzzles comes as a finished product, not a DIY building kit.
- Sharpen some pencils — and your engineering knowhow — with a pencil sharpener you built yourself!
- Explore bubble chemistry, and how the construction and physics behind your machine helps bubbles form. Experiment with different wand positions and bubble formulas to make bigger, better bubbles, and practice noting your observations like scientists do! Then take a stab at more at-home explorations, from concocting your own super bubble mix, to building a pipe-cleaner bubble wand, to practicing bubble tricks.
- Check up on a favorite stuffed animal with a stethoscope, syringe, and other handy vet tools. Explore animal anatomy by assembling organ and muscle systems. Play a "find the fracture" game using an x-ray lightbox and a set of animal cards. Learn to read cat and dog body language, and how vets understand animals when they can't talk.