Color & Light
- Make a color-mixing LED crystal and explore the physics of color!
- Create a trio of geometric candles to decorate the house! Learn how to fold a geometric mold, dye some wax, and transform the wax into a candle.
- Explore the science of thermochromism — with squishy slime that shifts color when it changes temperature!
- Create your own solar system mobile, complete with a light-up sun in the center.
- Print your own graphic on a backpack! Learn and practice screen printing, design your own graphic, and screen print your backpack!
- Build a spinning kaleidoscope, mirror book, and a travel pouch for your mirror! Explore angles and patterns.
- Paint your own scratch art panels, then explore scratch art to create your own unique lantern. Illuminate your designs with light and color to glow through the panels of the lantern.
- Craft a pair of shimmery, electroluminescent fairy wings that you can wear! Fairy and Butterfly-approved.
- With this astronomy kit for kids, build and construct a planetarium to explore the night sky and see how it changes throughout the year.
- Build two custom electronic art pieces with EL wire. Choose from five existing templates, or create your own from scratch.