- Assemble a pulley-powered crane that can spin around, raise its arm, and lift loads. Then swap pulleys in and out to see first-hand how mechanical advantage makes it easier to lift things.
- Check up on a favorite stuffed animal with a stethoscope, syringe, and other handy vet tools. Explore animal anatomy by assembling organ and muscle systems. Play a "find the fracture" game using an x-ray lightbox and a set of animal cards. Learn to read cat and dog body language, and how vets understand animals when they can't talk.
- Explore bubble chemistry, and how the construction and physics behind your machine helps bubbles form. Experiment with different wand positions and bubble formulas to make bigger, better bubbles, and practice noting your observations like scientists do! Then take a stab at more at-home explorations, from concocting your own super bubble mix, to building a pipe-cleaner bubble wand, to practicing bubble tricks.
- Engineer a drip irrigation system and sprout a love of botany and physics! Construct the water tower and trellis, set up the planter pots, then grow your own bean, wheatgrass, and watermelon plants. Explore the science of irrigation and the different ways that farmers put water to work (from flood irrigation to spray irrigation to computer-controlled farming!).
- Build and launch a pair of model orbiter spaceships using the power of pumps. Paint a set of model planets, then construct a miniature solar system that really spins. Explore the ins-and-outs of space travel — from the history of space exploration, to the challenges of astronaut training, to amazing facts about life on the International Space Station.
Through Kiwi Camp, supplement & extend Astronaut Starter Kit with FREE content, video and additional DIY activities.
Find out more about Kiwi Camp and all the sessions of Camp KiwiCo here!
Camp KiwiCo is open, and will be accessible all summer long. Crates can be purchased individually or you can buy a whole pack for the whole session.
- Reptiles are fascinating! Make a cuddly snake, play a game with a color-changing chameleon, build a turtle box for keepsakes.
- Let's learn about baking! Design a chef hat, make a cake, and practice measuring in the kitchen!
- Explore the science of thermochromism — with squishy slime that shifts color when it changes temperature!
- Open Froggie up, then use a pair of kid-friendly tweezers to explore the major internal organs that you and Froggie have in common — heart, lungs, stomach, and more. Then play a diagnosis game to figure out why Froggie isn't feeling well.
Froggie comes as a finished product, not a DIY building kit.
- Sew up a circuit using flexible conductive thread, then craft a unicorn keychain whose horn lights up when you touch its tail to its hoof.