- Sew up a circuit using flexible conductive thread, then craft a unicorn keychain whose horn lights up when you touch its tail to its hoof.
- Learn about acid-base reactions and the science of molecules while mixing up a colorful chemical concoction, then press the mixture into bath-bomb shape. Drop your finished bath bombs into water to see fizzy chemical reactions — in action!
- Engineer 3 wooden animals to explore the mechanics of friction!
- Open Froggie up, then use a pair of kid-friendly tweezers to explore the major internal organs that you and Froggie have in common — heart, lungs, stomach, and more. Then play a diagnosis game to figure out why Froggie isn't feeling well.
Froggie comes as a finished product, not a DIY building kit.
- Craft a pair of muñecas quitapenas dolls, inspired by Mayan culture. Construct and play with a wooden top and launcher set. Meet the turtles of Monterrico, and learn all about their turtle hurdles (and victories, too!). Build a mini barrilete gigante kite and experience the Guatemalan kite festivals. Then mix some masa harina, and make your own fresh-cooked tortillas.
- Explore the science of thermochromism — with squishy slime that shifts color when it changes temperature!
- Tell a story with a shadow puppet theater you construct yourself. Craft and decorate a colorful krathong, then set it afloat. Play the leopard hunt–inspired board game, len choa, and learn to strategize. Explore the tropical forest, where the Asian elephant roams. Then finish off your Thailand trip by whipping up a bowl of Pad Thai.
- Aim, shoot, and score with this physics-friendly crate! Engineer an adjustable catapult and play a spirited game of basketball. Learn about the science of sports, and experiment with different angles and arcs until you're a hoop superstar.
- Build an arcade catapult and challenge a friend to a game!
- Construct your own lifting claw and learn how hydraulic systems work. Continue the experimentation with bonus design challenges.