- Sew up a circuit using flexible conductive thread, then craft a unicorn keychain whose horn lights up when you touch its tail to its hoof.
- Mix together chemical solutions to make your own glittery confetti slime, and customize it to your liking. A hands-on way to explore chemical reactions, polymers, color-mixing, and the sparkly science of glitter!
- Wire up the motors, add the switch, and assemble your robot — all while exploring the science behind circuits and sensors. Customize your robot with one of two skins (a turtle or a beetle), then use the included flashlight to make it get a move on.
Through Tinker Camp, supplement & extend Light-Chasing Robot with FREE content, video and additional DIY activities.
Find out more about Tinker Camp and all the sessions of Camp KiwiCo here!
Camp KiwiCo is open, and will be accessible all summer long. Crates can be purchased individually or you can buy a whole pack for the whole session.
- Build the headphone headband, rig up the speaker drivers, and experiment with stereo sound. Explore how speakers and other electroacoustic transducers turn electricity into sound, then learn about the historical technologies that made modern headsets possible.
- Produce an oxidation reaction that "eats" up aluminum foil. Test a voltmeter to learn about electric potential, and build a coin battery-powered LED light. Then put everything you learned together to engineer a clock that runs on just saltwater and strips of metal!
Delivery note: Electrochemistry Lab is only eligible for Ground Shipping within the Contiguous United States. This item will ship separately from any other items in your order. Your entire order only qualifies for Standard Shipping (delivered within 3-10 business days).
- Cover the cork piece in strips of tape to create a cool pattern or picture, then use a sponge brush to paint over top. When your paint is dry, remove the tape to reveal your amazing design! Construct the frame of your corkboard, then decorate a set of wood pushpins for your completed corkboard.
- Design your very own stencils, then use them to create a colorful canvas-bound book holder... and anything else you'd like to stencil!
- Shoot an air vortex across the room and experiment with fluid dynamics!
- Build and wire up the box, then harness the ins-and-outs of dimensional art to create a design out of layers of vellum sheets. Assemble your vellum layers, customize your background, then switch it on to enjoy your delightful artwork.
- Assemble a pulley-powered crane that can spin around, raise its arm, and lift loads. Then swap pulleys in and out to see first-hand how mechanical advantage makes it easier to lift things.