- Sew up a circuit using flexible conductive thread, then craft a unicorn keychain whose horn lights up when you touch its tail to its hoof.
- Mix together chemical solutions to make your own glittery confetti slime, and customize it to your liking. A hands-on way to explore chemical reactions, polymers, color-mixing, and the sparkly science of glitter!
- Cover the cork piece in strips of tape to create a cool pattern or picture, then use a sponge brush to paint over top. When your paint is dry, remove the tape to reveal your amazing design! Construct the frame of your corkboard, then decorate a set of wood pushpins for your completed corkboard.
- Shoot an air vortex across the room and experiment with fluid dynamics!
- Spark moments of inspiration & fun all week long exploring robotics, hydraulics, movie magic, mechanical toys & outer space!
Supplement & extend your child's Tinker Camp experience with these specially curated projects to match each day's theme!
Tinker Camp will feature five-days of FREE content, video and additional DIY activities to pair with these crates.
Find out more about Tinker Camp and all the sessions of Camp KiwiCo here! Camp KiwiCo is open, and will be accessible all summer long.
- No summer camp? No problem! Create your own STEM-powered summer camp at home, with this 5-pack bundle of some of our most popular Tinker crates. There's something here for every budding scientist, engineer, or innovator — from hands-on projects to amazing articles.
- Engineer a drip irrigation system and sprout a love of botany and physics! Construct the water tower and trellis, set up the planter pots, then grow your own bean, wheatgrass, and watermelon plants. Explore the science of irrigation and the different ways that farmers put water to work (from flood irrigation to spray irrigation to computer-controlled farming!).
- Build a big green dinosaur costume with matching dino claws. Rawr!
- Explore wearable technology, conductivity, and the science of sewable circuits! Sew up a soft, flexible circuit using conductive thread, add LEDs, then craft a robot keychain whose eyes light up when you touch its hand to its belly. Ready to glow?
- Explore bubble chemistry, and how the construction and physics behind your machine helps bubbles form. Experiment with different wand positions and bubble formulas to make bigger, better bubbles, and practice noting your observations like scientists do! Then take a stab at more at-home explorations, from concocting your own super bubble mix, to building a pipe-cleaner bubble wand, to practicing bubble tricks.