- Craft a pair of muñecas quitapenas dolls, inspired by Mayan culture. Construct and play with a wooden top and launcher set. Meet the turtles of Monterrico, and learn all about their turtle hurdles (and victories, too!). Build a mini barrilete gigante kite and experience the Guatemalan kite festivals. Then mix some masa harina, and make your own fresh-cooked tortillas.
- Engineer an a-maze-ing labyrinth maze game, complete with a maze that you can design (and redesign!) yourself.
- Go sightseeing in Egypt, where you can craft a royal nemes headdress, and construct a working water clock. Then visit India, where you can make a fun and festive rangoli, and play Snakes & Ladders! Finish off with a trip to Canada, where you can craft a moose-themed snow globe and play a miniature hockey game.
- Use shibori techniques to create a unique messenger bag with beautiful indigo patterns! Then sculpt and decorate an animal-shaped pencil holder, complete with stenciled pencils and animal pencil-toppers. Finish off by testing your tape-resist technique, and building a desktop corkboard.
- Build a moving tango scene with the power of gears. Learn to swing a set of boleadoras like a real gaucho (cowboy). Create colorful cave art inspired by La Cueva de las Manos (The Cave of Hands) in Patagonia.
- Engineer a hand-cranked, wooden automaton that makes a marble climb stairs. Explore the gears and cams that make the mechanics work.
Through Tinker Camp, supplement & extend Automaton with FREE content, video and additional DIY activities.
Find out more about Tinker Camp and all the sessions of Camp KiwiCo here!
Camp KiwiCo is open, and will be accessible all summer long. Crates can be purchased individually or you can buy a whole pack for the whole session.
- Make a spin art machine and experiment with centrifugal forces!
- Shop for Tinker Engineering favorites and save when purchased as a pack. Recommended for Ages 9+.
Qualifies for free shipping!
- Mix together chemical solutions to make your own fizzy, oozy slime that "erupts" like a volcano! A hands-on way to explore kid-friendly chemistry, acids and bases, and the science of polymers.
- No summer camp? No problem! Create your own art and design-powered summer camp at home, with these 5-pack bundle of some of our most popular Doodle crates. There's something here for every little artist.