- Use shibori techniques to create a unique messenger bag with beautiful indigo patterns! Then sculpt and decorate an animal-shaped pencil holder, complete with stenciled pencils and animal pencil-toppers. Finish off by testing your tape-resist technique, and building a desktop corkboard.
- Engineer a hand-cranked, wooden automaton that makes a marble climb stairs. Explore the gears and cams that make the mechanics work.
Through Tinker Camp, supplement & extend Automaton with FREE content, video and additional DIY activities.
Find out more about Tinker Camp and all the sessions of Camp KiwiCo here!
Camp KiwiCo is open, and will be accessible all summer long. Crates can be purchased individually or you can buy a whole pack for the whole session.
- Make a spin art machine and experiment with centrifugal forces!
- Shop for Tinker Engineering favorites and save when purchased as a pack. Recommended for Ages 9+.
Qualifies for free shipping!
- Mix together chemical solutions to make your own fizzy, oozy slime that "erupts" like a volcano! A hands-on way to explore kid-friendly chemistry, acids and bases, and the science of polymers.
- No summer camp? No problem! Create your own art and design-powered summer camp at home, with these 5-pack bundle of some of our most popular Doodle crates. There's something here for every little artist.
- Explore wearable technology, conductivity, and the science of sewable circuits! Sew up a soft, flexible circuit using conductive thread, add LEDs, then craft a robot keychain whose eyes light up when you touch its hand to its belly. Ready to glow?
- Engineer a basic circuit, using your slime as a conductor to light up an LED (and a love of science!). Then conduct a series of electric experiments that showcase the science of switches, resistance, LED color-mixing, and more!
- Create your own light-up messenger bag. Build a LED constellation circuit and sponge paint a beautiful galaxy effect to make the bag your own.
- Build a light-up UFO that you can wear around your head, complete with a fetching pair of alien glasses.