Kiwi (Ages 5-8)
- Create your own solar system mobile, complete with a light-up sun in the center.
- Get creative by arranging shapes into patterns and making crayon rubbings to reveal unique puzzle pictures. Explore the ins-and-outs of the human brain, then put your mind to the test with brain teasers, tangrams, and jigsaw puzzles you make yourself!
- Learn all about the science of animation, and how to make still pictures look like they're moving. Engineer a working zoetrope, a machine that turns still images into looped animations. Then get the scoop on drawing frames, so you can bring your very own animation to life.
- Build a miniature golf course with an elastic-powered putter. Harness the power of physics, energy transfer, and chain reactions to score a hole in one! Then up the ante by designing four different golf course obstacles — a chomper, a flag raiser, a windmill, and a set of clay bowls.
- Engineer a gravity-powered car, then explore the effects of gravitational energy while experimenting with different weights and wheel sizes to get your car movin' and groovin'. Finish off by creating colorful drip paintings.