- Construct a motor, design a robot body, and experiment with the finished build to produce different artsy results. Then explore the wonderful world of generative art — art made using machines and even mathematical methods — to get a look into the history behind your drawbot design.
- Everyone's favorite koala makes the perfect cuddly companion for a Koala Crate kid — whether they're learning about science, making amazing art, or having a pretend-play adventure.
This Kellan Plushie comes as a finished product, not a DIY building kit.
- Design a sculpture that's uniquely you! Shape a sturdy wire armature to build your sculpture's skeleton, then flesh out your creation by adding and molding clay a little bit at a time. Experiment with different textures (from stripes to stars!), then finish off with a bright coat of paint.
- Craft a snow globe inspired by the Canadian wilderness! Build and play a miniature hockey game, and test your luck with a zooming puck. Experience the caves and critters of Banff National Park. Explore the culture of indigenous Canadians by constructing your own inuksuk.
- Create your own light-up messenger bag. Build a LED constellation circuit and sponge paint a beautiful galaxy effect to make the bag your own.
- Learn paper making and bookbinding techniques to make journals for your thoughts and doodles!
- Play with geometric shapes to craft unique skyline paintings. Design buildings using cards and foam connectors, then put them all together to create a bustling card city! Then use stencils to decorate a drawstring bag to store all your city tools.
- Jump into Germany, where you can make your own fill-in-the-blank fairy tale, and construct your own Autobahn car and launcher set. Clap and slap your legs and feet, and learn to dance the Schuhplattler. Get the royal treatment, with a tour of the Neuschwanstein Castle.
- Use the mosaic guide to design a pattern, then recreate it using wooden tiles. Build a wooden organizer — complete with multiple compartments for easy organization — then slot your mosaic panel for a snazzy geometric finish.
- Build a glowing campfire, cook up tasty treats, and make a beary fun backpack!
Through Koala Camp, supplement & extend Camping with FREE content, video and additional DIY activities. We are aiming to provide ~4 hours of content & activities per day - though your camper might go faster or slower!
Find out more about Koala Camp and all the sessions of Camp KiwiCo here!
Camp KiwiCo is open, and will be accessible all summer long. Crates can be purchased individually or you can buy a whole pack for the whole session.