Light-Up Haunted House
What you get
Science doesn't have to be scary — but it can be spook-tacular! Engineer a battery-powered haunted house with LEDs and vellum paper windows (for a ghoulish glowing effect). Customize some cool and creepy decorations (like cotton-ball cobwebs and paper tombstones) to finish off your boo-tiful creation.
As seen on: Simplemost
• Includes everything you need to build and decorate your haunted house — including wall pieces (complete with window, door, and wood-paneling details), roof pieces, LED strip, vellum paper, and a variety of precut decorations.
• 9-volt battery included so your house is immediately ready to use after building.
• Instructions blueprint includes tips for troubleshooting while working with the included battery pack and LED strip.
• Get creative! Customize your completed house with creepy fences, wispy cotton balls, and precut decorations (pumpkins, tombstones, bats, and more!) that you can place wherever you’d like.
• Use the square sheet of decoration paper to design your own spooky shapes, then draw on details using 4 colorful markers (orange, green, purple, and black).
• Haunted house dimensions: 6.5 x 7.0 x 6.0 inches (17 x 18 x 15 cm).
From the desk of the product designer:
Behind the design
“Halloween is one of our favorite holidays, so we had a frightfully good time designing this miniature haunted house! Even after we finished the basic design of the house — from the vellum windows to the LED lights — we spent countless more hours figuring out how to include added decorations that were as customizable as they were creepy. That way, every light-up haunted house out there can be totally unique!”
By the numbers
Number of kid testers who made comical headstones: All
How many versions of the house: 7
Number of paper bats I've found in the bottom of drawers since making this crate: 6,938
Nov 8 2022
It was awesome! The roof doesn’t stay on well but otherwise great!
Oct 20 2022
The battery did not attached properly; therefore, no lights. But the granddaughters loved putting togetherthe rest.
Oct 17 2022
Love this project! My grandson and grandpa enjoyed putting this together… easy to follow instructions and delightful end product. A must buy for Halloween fun!!