Glowing Horn Unicorn Costume
What you get
Make way for neigh with a unicorn costume you make yourself! Learn how to craft with felt, shiny sheets, and lights to make a wearable unicorn head that’s soft, comfy, and easy to see through — everything you need for safe, fun imaginative play! Add a majestic mane, a horn that lights up, and a matching tail, and you’ll be ready to go on a unicorn adventure that’s uniquely you!
• Includes everything you need to complete your costume — an LED light, colorful tulle, an iridescent cutout to shape into a horn, and more.
• Transform the felt head cutout into a unicorn head by folding it into shape and fastening it together with brads.
• Learn to weave with stretchy cords to finish the back of your unicorn head.
• Get creative! Cut the sticky felt into whatever shapes you’d like, then decorate your unicorn to make it uniquely yours.
• 21-page booklet includes articles about rhinos, narwhals, and iridescence in action.
• Unicorn head is made of a flexible felt material with an elastic strap so it can comfortably fit kids aged 5 and up.
• Unicorn head dimensions: approximately 16 x 14 x 9.0 inches (41 x 36 x 23 cm).
From the desk of the product designer:
Behind the design
“When making this crate, we were inspired by unicorn myths — <i>and</i> the real-world animals, like rhinos and narwhals, that inspired those myths!”
By the numbers
Brads needed to construct a 3-D unicorn: 16
Kid testing sessions: 8
Fabulous unicorn photoshoots: 7
Jan 4 2023
This costume is so beautiful! My five year old really enjoyed putting this together with support from an adult. She loved running around in the costume once it was completed. It is unique & the instructions & materials were good quality. Getting the horn unattached to turn the LED light on each time she wants it to glow is a bit challenging for her. Otherwise a good design.
Dec 12 2022
It was a super cute halloween costume!
Nov 15 2022
My granddaughter was thrilled to have this! And excited as it went together easily. Her only comment was that she wished for purples and pinks in it but otherwise loved it.